Friday, July 11, 2014

43 days and counting

It has been a while since I've posted a blog.  I have to say planning a wedding is almost like having a part-time job.  There is SO much to do.  For the past month or two, it has been the little things such as decorations, aisle runners, tulle, jewelry, gifts, lights, snacks, trying to remember all of that stuff is almost more stressful than the big stuff (caterer, florist, photographer, etc.)

I have to admit there has been a couple of times since Michael and I have become engaged that I've mentioned eloping.  When I've mentioned it, Michael will look at me and ask "Do you really want to do that?"  I couldn't.  This is going to be one of the best days of my life and I couldn't imagine not celebrating with the people we love and care about.  It wouldn't be the same.  So I say it is worth it (plus, look how fast time has moved).

The most exciting thing that has happened in the past couple of months was my grandpa's RSVP.  I was exhilarated when I found out my grandpa was coming all the way from New York.  How often does a granddaughter get to have her 95 year old grandfather attend her wedding.  Now that is a dream come true :-)

I absolutely LOVE my wedding hair stylist.  I had my trial a couple of weeks ago and when she styled my hair the way I'm going to wear it for the wedding and put the veil and accessories on, I became so emotional.  Goosebumps were running through me.  All the people at the salon were congratulating me and telling me how nice my hair looked.  I had to hug my stylist.  She is a beautiful person with a big heart and an aura of positivism.  Her energy is contagious and will be a great way to start off my wedding day :-)

I have to say I have the best bridesmaids in the world.  Kim, Julie, Monikka and Anna, not only do I love all of you very much, but all of you are so beautiful, inside and out.  I truly feel like I've chosen the best bridal party and I am honored to have you as my Star VIPs at my wedding! (cause that's what they are)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment